14 Mar Training: Monitoring & evaluation in practice (9 April – Eschborn)
Would you like to improve your monitoring & evaluation (M&E) skills? Then sign up for our one-day training workshop on M&E in practice taking place in Eschborn on Monday, 9 April 2018.
The training will be conducted by Dr Felipe Isidor-Serrano, member of Mainlevel’s executive board and senior consultant with over 12 years’ experience in M&E for international development cooperation.
Why a training on M&E?
We all know that projects often consider M&E an extra burden done grudgingly to satisfy donors. If this sounds familiar to you, then you may be losing out on a great opportunity. Our training will show you that M&E is not complicated and does not have to be a frustrating exercise. Our experience shows that, if done right, M&E contributes to better communication and collaboration among projects, partners, donors and beneficiaries. It can improve your informed decision-making, accountable reporting and even your public relations.
The training is aimed at anyone interested in or responsible for M&E in development cooperation projects – be it from donors, implementing agencies, civil society or the private sector.
What will you learn?
Our training will help you understand the nuts and bolts of M&E. It will introduce you to good practices for setting up or improving your M&E processes. After the training you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is results-based monitoring?
- What are theory of change models? And why are there different levels of results?
- How do you develop a theory of change model?
- How do you develop indicators? And how can you measure your results?
- What are robust methods of data collection, analysis and dissemination?
- What are key components of an M&E system?
- What are OECD-DAC evaluation criteria?
- How do you develop an evaluation matrix?
- How do you use a results model for evaluations?
- What are impact- and theory-based evaluations
Date & Time
The one-day training will take place on Monday, 09 April 2018 from 10.00 until 17.00 (incl. a lunch break) at Mainlevel’s main office in Eschborn (near Frankfurt).
If you are interested, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the location and costs. Please include your organisation and your position in your e-mail. There are limited spots available, therefore we recommend you RSVP as soon as possible.