In Afghanistan, the GIZ Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) programme supports the regeneration of forest landscapes as important sources of people’s livelihoods. Due to the fragile security situation, the programme and its partners require a monitoring system for remotely tracking the progress of its in-country activities.
- Analysing needs and expectations for monitoring among the FLR project and its partners
- Drafting a concept for a digital monitoring system including data structures, sources and responsibilities
- Implementing the digital monitoring system including new features for area measurement and geo-tagging
- Providing training to FLR and its partners on how to use and maintain the system
- Continuous monitoring and IT support throughout the project duration